1. Keep your sharing focused on your own
thoughts and feelings. Limit your sharing to three to five minutes.
2. There will be NO cross talk. Cross talk is when two individuals engage in conversation, excluding all others. Each person is free to express his or her feelings without interruptions.
3. We are here to support one another, not “fix” one another.
4. Anonymity and confidentiality are basic requirements. What is shared in the group stays in the group. The only exception is when someone threatens to injure themselves or others.
5. Offensive language has no place in a Christ-centered recovery group.
CELEBRATE RECOVERY SMALL GROUPS CAN:
- Provide you a safe place to share your experiences, strengths, and hopes with others that are also going through a Christ-centered recovery.
- Provide you with a leader who has gone through a similar hurt, hang-up or habit and who will facilitate the group as it focuses on a particular Step each week. The leader will also follow Celebrate Recovery’s “Small Group Guidelines.”
- Provide you with the opportunity to find an Accountability Partner or a Sponsor.
- Encourage you to attend other recovery meetings held throughout the week.
CELEBRATE RECOVERY SMALL GROUPS WILL NOT:
- Attempt to offer any professional advice. Our leaders are not counselors.
- Allow its members to attempt to “fix” one another.