Thanks for stopping by!
Here is our Bible reading plan for 2021. We hope you come along with us in this journey of reading God's Word.
THROUGH THE WORD BREAKDOWN
"So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.” Ephesians 4:11-13 NIV
This year, for our reading plan, we will use an app called "Through the Word"!
Go in your Google Play or App Store and type in “Through the Word” and download it. After you have downloaded the app, you can then create an account.
We will go through the Bible Journeys section. The first journey is called “START”.
Kris Langham walks us through each chapter, giving nuggets and info to help us understand what we are reading.
We will also be studying the chapters together on our "One Body Ministry FB Group" with Pastor Mona’s morning devotions. We will also use the following six pillars for good Bible study.
1.Read Carefully - pay close attention to words like if, then, and therefore, which will help you understand the relationships between the concepts it teaches.
2. Ask Questions - See if you can answer these questions: who, what, where, when, why, and how?
3. Pay Attention to the Context - If you don’t pay attention to the context, you are in danger of trying to make the Bible say something that it doesn’t actually say.
4. Be Ready to Obey - Applying what we read in the Bible to our daily lives is the highest purpose of Bible study.
5. Pray - Since the Bible is a spiritual book, it must be approached spiritually. You approach studying the Bible spiritually by bathing your study in prayer.
6. The Big Story and All the Little Ones - you should never lose sight of the big over-arching story of the Bible, which is the story of God’s redemptive love and his desire to be present with his people.
If you would like to be added to our "One Body FB Group", please visit our Church FB Page and send us a private message. Pastor Mona will always remind us which chapter we are studying, along with some context and specific scripture she will break down. Once finished the journey, she will let us know what will be the next Bible journey.